Trust in the Lord and do good; so you will live in the land, and enjoy security. Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him. (Psalm 37:3-5, 7a)

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Dream Come True...

Thinking back to the moment of my crowning still gives me the chills. I remember standing next to the other gorgeous remaining delegates of the top 8 thinking could this really happen to me? My dream of holding a national title up until that night seemed so close but still so far away. It was unbelievable to think I could experience such an amazing journey. I stood there praying to god, asking him to either bless me with this opportunity if it was my time or to give me the strength to be happy for the winner. Then the MC announced, "And your new Miss Teen United States is...VIRGINIA, ASHLEY GREENFIELD. My heart stopped and it took everything I had to not fall to the floor. Tears flooded my eyes as I took my first walk as Miss Teen United States 2011. After July 14th, I truly do believe in reaching for the stars and I challenge everyone who reads this to follow the motto of the Miss United States Pageant Organization; "Dare to Dream and Take the Journey."

I am very much looking forward to traveling around the United States speaking to children about my platform, "Self Perception Starts with Reflection." My platform deals with teaching kids about the importance of self esteem and how they can achieve happiness and success. When speaking to children about my platform, I encourage them to focus on areas of their every day lives that are sure to lead them to success: Physical fitness, Scholastic Achievement and Community Involvement.  I speak to kids at an early age about this issue because my philosophy is that if they understand the importance of self esteem before they hit middle school and high school, they will be less likely to face obstacles such as bullying and depression. Before I started competing in pageantry, I suffered from a low self esteem and it effected every aspect of my life. I was bullied from my freshman year of high school till the day I graduated and even graduated a year early to escape my peers. No child should have to live in fear, which is why I will do everything I can during my reign to reach out to others and teach them the importance of friendship and self esteem.  Please join me in teaching others about the seriousness of a good self esteem!

No comments:

Post a Comment